Friday, April 30, 2010

She Nose the Snot Pump is Comin' Her Way!

Besides baby love, Scarlette Rose Cindalena has been filling my life with baby boogies this past week from her yucky cold.  Scar makes like a sneaky ninja as she twists and turns away from the snot pump and the endless tissues heading her way. It is amazing just how much her tiny nose can produce.  Well, better out than in - I say!

Today, she is already seven months old and I am shaking my head wondering where the time has gone.  I'm thoroughly enjoying each moment that I have with her and I'm taking nothing for granted.  I didn't realize that it could be like this.  Having a baby in your 40's isn't such a bad thing after all - feels like the calm after the storm - or tornado - in my case!

A year ago, I had such mixed feelings about being pregnant at 41 years of age; was in denial, anxious - worried about my health - being high risk and recently healing from a DVT.  I thought, what am I going to do and how can I have another baby at 42 years of age?  It had been 10 years since my last baby was born and this pregnancy was a surprise.  Clinical depression didn't help the situation either, nor did my assumptions of how it was going to be.

I really cannot picture my life without Scarlette in it.  I had (past tense) a friend, Lisa, who had pressured me to get an abortion, judged me, filled my head full of doubts about my ability to raise another child and my future, or lack thereof since I would be tied down to a baby again.  I was worried about the effect a new baby would have on my other 3 children and our family dynamics; extremely anxious about everything, stressed, depressed and felt very alone.  Hence, anti-depressants to the rescue! ;P

I am so thankful that I did not listen to Lisa and 'just get rid of it'.  There is no doubt in my mind or heart that I made the right choice - my choice and it was a good choice.  My sisters (and other friends) never missed a beat in telling me that this baby was meant to be.  The joy and love that Scarlette has brought to our lives and others - is unbelievable.  To see my older children - Alec, Maggie-Mae and George - love, accept, cuddle, play, protect and be proud of their lil' baby sister is something that I am so happy to not have missed - they are great kids.  I'm grateful for the friends and family in my life who are supportive, accepting and loving to our happy 'lil' dolly'.  I've discovered that things will work out with a little faith.  Scarlette Rose is love made out of love and that's just who she is!   God Bless the Lil' Sneezer!  p.s. ahem...thanks, Normy!

1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline RamseyMay 31, 2010 at 5:39 PM

    Ah, the little goober. Her nose runeth over into the drool from teething. Mmmmm. Drooly Andrews!

    ReplyDelete